Total fire bans have been implemented across half of the state with some parts expected to hit 40 degrees Celsius for the first time in September since records began.
Saturday's total fire ban regions
- Central Ranges (Severe) - Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Lithgow, Mid-Western, Oberon, Orange
- Far South Coast (Very High) - Bega Valley, Eurobodalla
- Far Western (Severe) - Bourke, Brewarrina, Broken Hill, Central Darling, Cobar
- Greater Hunter (Severe) - Cessnock, Dungog, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Singleton, Upper Hunter
- Greater Sydney Region (Severe)
- Illawarra/Shoalhaven (Severe) - Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven, Wingecarribee, Wollondilly,...
Read more: NSW weather: Record-breaking 40-degree temperature expected ... - ABC Online