Okay, end of the day. What happened?
- the Coalition is in chaos - again - over climate change and energy;
- Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull not-so-subtly took a swipe at Tony Abbott over his management of the issue;
- late this afternoon backbencher George Christensen said he cannot vote for a Clean Energy Target;
- he also suggested the government should open its own coal-fired power stations;
- the government has also paid $70 million to settle a case brought by Manus Island detainees;
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton blamed Labor for the case,
My thanks to Andrew Meares and Alex Ellinghausen for their beautiful work and to you for reading and commenting.
You can follow me on Facebook.
Andrew, Alex and I will be back in the morning with some pretty pictures from tonight's Midwinter Ball. Until then, good evening.
Back on the Manus Island...
Read more: Politics live as Malcolm Turnbull faces leadership pressure on energy - The Sydney Morning Herald